Special Techniques and Neuroscience
This workshop is split into two parts:
- Part 1: Advanced Tools and Techniques Master Class(2 days with Ian McDermott)
- Part 2: Neuroscience Master Class (1 day with Professor Patricia Riddell and Ian McDermott)
Part 1: Advanced Tools and Techniques Master Class(2 days with Ian McDermott)
- Learn the powerful Voting Model and how to turn vision into action.
- Learn the Gremlins model and how to bring honesty and humour to the shadow side of people and teams.
- Learn the GROW model and how to move anyone forward.
- Learn how to guard against unhelpful habituation.
- Learn how to generate powerful questions.
Part 2: Neuroscience Master Class (1 day with Professor Patricia Riddell and Ian McDermott)
The one thing all successful coach approaches have in common is they trigger changes in the brain. That’s why it makes sense for you to know specific coaching do’s and don’ts based on understanding how the brain works. And that’s why we have a 1 day Introduction to Neuroscience and the Coach Approach led by Ian McDermott & Professor of Applied Neuroscience Patricia Riddell.
- Learn about the changes that occur in the brain as we learn (or unlearn).
- Learn about how your brain decides when change is necessary and how to use this to promote effective change.
- Learn about empathy in the brain.
- Learn about how the brain codes habits and therefore how best to break these or install new habits.
- Learn about the physiology of stress and how this helps us to deal with stress better.
- Learn about the neuroscience of compassion and its uses in coaching.
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is recommended for people with significant coaching experience and/or a coaching qualification.
Please note: This workshop is Module 3 of the Mastering the Coach Approach Programme