Do you want to leverage the POWER of your brain?
Live. Experiential. Online.
Starts 18th March 2023
View dates and programme details >
View pricing and payment options >
Full Programme Price
Interest free payment plans are available.
What makes this programme unique?
- It distills complex, cutting edge Neuroscience research into tools that are understandable and immediately useful.
- It is the first of its kind anywhere. Professor of Applied Neuroscience Patricia Riddell and Ian McDermott have been collaborating to make current state of the art neuroscience available in a practical format.
- It combines Patricia’s many years experience in teaching and researching psychology and neuroscience with Ian’s in delivering real behavioural change for individuals, teams and organisations.
- It covers a wide range of applications in just 10 days: motivation, creativity, memory, emotion regulation, stress, resilience and decision making among others.
Your Learning Journey
This programme is broken into 5 key areas which run over 5 months.
Module 1: Emotion Regulation and Motivation
Module 2: Creativity, Insight and Problem Solving
Module 3: Learning and Memory
Module 4: Decision Making and Planning
Module 5: Stress, Resilience and Contemplation
Meet your Trainers
Who is this programme for?
Anyone who wishes to enhance both personal and professional life by gaining a deeper understanding of the brain and how to work with it.
The tools instantly apply to most of the important areas of human activity.
You might choose to take this programme for interest sake, or, if you wish a higher level of credibility, you might choose to work towards a Certificate in Applied Neuroscience and/or a Practitioner in Brain and Behaviour Change.
No prior training is required.
What is Applied Neuroscience
and what can it do for you?
Understanding a little of how the brain works can create significantly more insight into the sometimes mystifying complexities of the behaviour of your team, your colleagues, your boss – even your family.
Right now there is a lot of buzz around neuroscience but too often not much real practical neuroscience. Learn how to apply current research so individuals, teams and organisations can be more effective.
Get a flavour of what’s possible
Practical applications that work for individuals, teams and organisations.
Memory and Event Horizons
Importance of Gut Feel
Be in Charge of your Decision Making Battery
Benefits of the Applied Neuroscience Programme
- Helps you understand what is going on in people’s heads.
- Gives you tools for making behavioural change easier for yourself and others.
- Provides the “whys” for many aspects of human behaviour.
- Gives you practical tools for decreasing stress levels.
- Scientific tips for maximising your own performance.
- Improves performance within teams by explaining and validating individual differences and showing how they are vital to success.
- Shows how to reduce demotivation and increase motivation.
- Increases awareness of human potential and how to get the most out of our collective brain power.
- Demonstrates how to increase creativity and innovation.
- Provides models of decision making and how to optimise this.
- Gives insight into the neuroscience of leadership.
- Gives you the scientific evidence and vocabulary to neutralise resistance to change.
What graduates of this programme have to say
When and where does the
Applied Neuroscience Programme take place?
Our annual Applied Neuroscience Programme starts 18th March 2023.
This programme is entirely online using the Zoom platform. This means you can join us from wherever you are in the world and have no travel (jetlag!) and accommodation to be thinking of and paying out for. What might you do with that time and money you’re saving?
Dates & Times
Pre-Programme orientation: Wednesday 15th March 2023 7pm – 8.30pm
Emotion Regulation and Motivation
18th – 19th March 2023
Creativity, Insight and Creative Problem Solving
15th – 16th April 2023
Learning and Memory
20th – 21st May 2023
Decision Making and Planning
3rd – 4th June 2023
Stress, Resilience and Contemplation
24th – 25th June 2023
Each day will run from 10am to 5pm UK time
Programme Video Tutorials
The Evolution of the Brain
Learn what you need to know about the brain in four short 30 minute videos, which are :
- How your brain came to be
- How the parts of your brain connect up
- What your neurotransmitters can do for you
- How your brain changes to work best for you