An Ontological Approach to Coaching
We human beings have emotions and those emotions impact our results – we create a different result if we rage at people rather than talk with them. We human beings have language and how we use it is critical to our success. We human beings also have bodies. We actually communicate more with our bodies than with our words yet we are largely unaware of the impact of our presence.
- An Ontological Approach gives you the tools and awareness you need to work with three crucial dimensions – emotions, language and the body.
- Learn organisational tools for developing leaders, strengthening the impact of individual contributors and improving organisational performance.
- Understand an ontological approach as a tool for organisational change – it is both comprehensive and innovative.
- Identifying the key conversations that need to happen, and the art of having those conversations.
- How to align emotions, languges and physiology for increased success and congruency.
- How to work with, and shift, the emotions your clients are trapped in that don’t serve them.
- New emotional competencies and strategies for your own life including two required for great coaching: gentle irreverence and the ability to hold paradox.
- How the body can be a powerful conduit for learning and change in the coaching process.
- Developing a greater, more grounded and expansive presence as a coach.
- How to listen for the hidden beliefs and assumptions your clients have about their world that keep them from the results they want.
- Identifying some of your own unexamined beliefs keeping you from what you want.
- Developing a treasury of more evocative and provocative questions that get to your client’s underlying issues.
- How to work with leaders to improve their conversational, emotional and somatic intelligences.
- Make important ontological distinctions and enhance your coaching as a result.
- Have a greater understanding of the ontological effect on actions and results for individuals, teams and organisations.
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is recommended for people with significant coaching experience and/or a coaching qualification.
Please note: This workshop is Module 2 of the Mastering the Coach Approach Programme