Neuroscience Business Masterclass
The Power of Self-Awareness in Leading People, Teams and Cultures
One day workshop bringing you the latest thinking and tools from the field of Applied Neuroscience. Live & Online. Tuesday 9th February 2021.
With Professor Patricia Riddell & Ian McDermott.
If we want to improve our ability to build relationships, influence others and enhance our impact, self-awareness might not come immediately to mind as the place to start. However, becoming more aware of yourself, your impact on others, and the ways you can influence groups is vital to becoming a great leader. One reason that more leaders do not learn these skills is that, because of what’s happening in the brain, building and maintaining self-awareness can sometimes be hard work. As a result, people choose to overlook it. This is a mistake as self-awareness is the bedrock of personal mastery.
Anyone who wants to lead, coach, collaborate or generally interact effectively with other human beings would be well advised to start by paying attention to themselves. Why? Because only through becoming more self-aware can we gain the feedback we need to master our own behaviour. And only through mastering our own behaviour can we truly begin to shape people, teams and cultures.
A Neuroscience Approach
In a unique opportunity to learn from a neuroscientist, you will be receiving knowledge based on the latest research and insights from the neuroscience field.
This one-day workshop will deliver practical tools and techniques for you to use immediately whilst we explore:
- Developing the right beliefs and mindset and the role of neuroplasticity
- Navigating discomfort on the road to self-awareness
- Building real-time, in the moment self-awareness
- Influencing individual behaviour and organisational culture
- Understanding the ways and impact of how the brain represents ‘self’
- Making awareness a habit
- Maintaining self-awareness under pressure and in adversity
By the end of the day, we will:
- Reveal mindsets that lead to the development of excellence through greater self-awareness.
- Show you how to develop these for yourself and others.
- Give you tools to increase self-awareness even when under pressure.
- Focus on what can be controlled so that you can increase anyone’s personal effectiveness.
- Give you tools to notice and reduce busy-ness.
- Spotlight how greater self-awareness could serve you and your clients personally and professionally.
The workshop is designed for leaders, coaches, trainers who are seeking tools to help individuals to improve how they lead through greater self-awareness. The workshop will be interactive and you will leave with tips and tools that you can use immediately. It will also be an opportunity to network with other practitioners.
Right now there is so much hype around neuroscience – but when you look at much of what’s on offer, you won’t see too many neuroscientists! ITS is unique in having a Consultant Neuroscientist on faculty, Professor Patricia Riddell.
Patricia Riddell and Ian McDermott have been working together for over a decade. In their own words, “we came together because translating the insights from neuroscience into practical tools that can be used by leaders, coaches and other practitioners requires combining neuroscience and practical organisational experience.”
Join Patricia Riddell and Ian McDermott and learn how you can apply the most recent findings of neuroscience to the role of awareness for self, teams and cultures.